Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Outer Banks of North Carolina with Arevia

I took the trip of a lifetime when I got to go visit my 'second mom', Arevia Pearce. She lives in Stedman, North Carolina. Her daughter (and my lifelong friend) Sharon and Sharon's husband Arthur live there too! Arthur, Sharon and Arevia took me all around, including the Outer Banks of the Atlantic Coast. The Outer Banks is the most interesting of land forms. It is a very long strip of land running along the Atlantic Coast. There are homes and businesses along the Outer Banks. That's where Rodanthe is! You know, from the book and movie, "Nights in Rodanthe"? So, on the East of the OB, is the Atlantic. On the West of the OB, is the Sound. Then the mainland. This type of spot (the wind and the sand) make it a perfect place for potential motorized flyers to get off the ground. So, Orville and Wilbur hung out on the OB, and that is where the first flight took place; right there at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina! The only thing that bothered me about the visit, was that I wished my family were there to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment